Kikyo's Soul Ball
- Cotton balls
- Glue: E-6000, white glue
- LED light (White or blue). I used blue.
- Clear ball (can open in half)
- Velcro (optional)
Basically, we will put an LED light into a clear ball, and cover the ball with cotton. I got my clear ball from one of the gaming machines. I also unrolled cotton balls.
1) Glue velcro onto soul ball.
This part is optional. I only did this because I want to attach the soul ball to my soul collector. If you do not plan on attaching the soul ball anywhere, you can skip this step. I already sewed a part of the velcro onto the soul collector.
2) Glue the unrolled cotton ball onto the ball with E-6000 glue. Unroll a cotton ball and then roll it around the bottom half of the clear ball. I squeezed out lines of glue onto the ball and then spread it with a toothpick. It's ok to go over the the middle of the ball, as long as you don't glue too much cotton along the edge of the ball. Remember, we want to be able to open the ball so that we can put the LED light inside.
3) When you glue the cotton onto the top of the ball, be careful not to cover the velcro. This isn't a concern if you didn't attach velcro in the first place. Glue a second layer of cotton onto the first layer of cotton with white glue. E-6000 will work too, but it sticks to the cotton more and makes it messier.
4) Once you have everything glued, put the balls back together and make sure the balls can still close.
This is what the ball looks like half-covered, with the LED light inside. You will have to turn off the flash on your camera to capture this type of glow!
This is what the ball looks like when it's completely covered. I attached the ball to my soul collector with velcro.